The wooded area in which this 1932 Dutch Colonial house sits was originally part of the woodlands purchased by the College of New Jersey when it moved to Princeton in 1756.
Photography by Robert Manella | Steven Waskow | Callaway Henderson Sotheby’s International RealtySee the Gallery
The original 1,600sf house is built on the remains of a late 18th century diabase stone foundation. The current owners sought to retain and improve the character while imaginatively expanding the footprint to a more modern home. Architect T. Jeffery Clarke specified salvaged material and period fixtures to extend the style of the pre-war period through the full expanse of the reimagined home.